Reduce your energy use, and bills!Small lifestyle changes and behaviours at home will help you use less energy and thus reduce your carbon footprint. This will also help you reduce your energy bills! Some actions include:
- Use the air conditioning less and, if you do, avoid putting it on 16 degrees like that it will never switch of as its impossible to reach that temperature. Setting your temperature level at 25 degrees allows your AC to cut off when the room reaches that temperature.
- Fans consume less energy than ACs and ventilating rooms can help with reducing temperatures especially at night.
- Installing films on doors and windows cut the UV entering your home by a significant amount, sometimes by up to 90%. This will keep your rooms cooler without having to even switch on the AC!
- Turn off lights and appliances when you don’t need them.
- Replace light bulbs with LEDs or other low-energy lights.
- Install Solar water heaters and replace electricity powered water heating tanks.